- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper
- 4 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup ganja olive oil
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 lemon juiced
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together lime juice; ganja olive oil and tequila. Stir in all salsa ingredients to blend well, then set aside.
Heat grill to medium high.
Whisk together butter, garlic and lemon juice in a small pan over low heat until well blended.
Place 4 shrimp on each skewer then brush with lemon mixture, and place shrimp on grill, basting with mixture. Grill each side 2-3 minutes. Remove from grill; stir salsa and drain any liquids.
Set shrimp on plate with 1 cup salsa on the side. Garnish with twisted lime slices. Serve with crusty bread.