- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, not too salty
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup ganja olive oil + more for brushing
- 4 pieces rustic bread
- 4 romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- A few thin slices of red onion or shallot
- A few shavings of parmigiano-reggiano
- Fresh ground black pepper
- In a mini-food processor, thoroughly puree the olives and garlic. Add the lemon zest and juice and process for 20 seconds. Add the 1/4 cup of ganja olive oil, 2 teaspoons at a time, processing for 15 seconds after each addition to emulsify. Let rest and then taste and adjust acid and salt before serving. You want it at room temperature for serving.
- Heat a grill pan over a medium-high flame. Brush the bread with ganja olive oil and toast on each side until nicely browned and marked by the grill. Push down a little to get nice marks.
- Brush the cut side of the romaine and grill for about 30 seconds, pushing down gently.
- To serve, put each piece of bread on a plate. Top with two romaine halves, some of the cucumber, tomato, red onion, and the parmigiano. Drizzle on the dressing and finish with a grind of black pepper.
Leave A Comment